Remember the days when guys would stand up so a girl could sit down on the bus, or stood up when a woman walked into a room, or "ladies first"? I mean, I wasn't born yet, but still, I know that it existed and I know that I am seriously missing out!
Then, I go to Starbucks like I do every Tuesday after my early 8 am class, to spend some time delving into a script or doing sudoku, or reading the paper, just loving my twoish hours of free time, and as I'm walking there I am thinking about the seat by the fire, which is warm and cozy, as opposed to the rest of the cafe, which is kind of chilly, you know, to get you to buy more warm drinks. So I go and order my Triple Venti White Mocha, because its just one of those days, when this girl walks in, pushes past me and heads straight for the perfect fireside table, WITHOUT ORDERING A DRINK FIRST, and then she goes up and gets in line.
Does she not know cafe do's and don'ts. Do order your drink first, don't be a ho-ho. Not hard to follow.
Right now I am sitting three tables away from the fire. Freezing. I did, however, make sure I turned my phone ringer on and texted my most texty friends, as well as put the most annoying ringtone on, and tried to have a loud phone conversation, but Heather is in class.
Also, there is a guy in sunglasses inside staring at me. But he's like 40. And creepin' me out. Word.

"Don't be a ho-ho" is generally a golden rule in life. I like it.
ReplyDelete